Procedure and guidelines for seeking partial financial support to attend the Governing Board meeting
The deadline for applications is Sunday 3 August 2014.
For the GB21 meeting in India the GBIF Secretariat can offer partial funding to cover flight tickets and support for accommodation to delegations from developing country Voting Participants. Delegations should please note that partial financial support is only available for GBIF developing country Voting Participants, and only one delegate per delegation is eligible to receive support.
Applications from delegations must be submitted using the application form available at http://gb21.gbif.org/GB21/Partial_funding_application_form.doc, and must include the following information:
- A draft economy class flight schedule from country of origin to India, and indication of the flight costs.
- Indication of the number of days requested for accommodation support.
- A confirmation that the delegate will be able to cover all other costs (visa, health insurance, per diem, etc.). Partial funding will only be granted when the Secretariat has confirmation that the delegate has a valid visa, if needed for India.
If the application is approved, the Secretariat will provide a lump sum subsidy for accommodation per day for the number of days requested by the delegate (a maximum of 4 days can be granted). Please notice that the approved partial funding including the accommodation subsidy will be reimbursed only upon receipt of travel reimbursement form after the meeting.
The following guidelines set by the Executive Committee for financial support is limited to Voting Participants from developing countries in the following groups:
- Have made their financial contribution for 2013 and 2014
- Have made a financial contribution for 2013 - but have not yet contributed for 2014 - but confirmed in writing that they will do.
Applications should be sent to the following mailbox: GB21@gbif.org
Do not hesitate to contact the Secretariat if there is a need for further clarification.